Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Shanghai















Shanghai is a beautiful modern city. The pollution is horrible! It gave me a sore throat for the first few days.


















I tried to order a corndog and I ended up with squid on a stick. Guess I need to start studying chinese.

















A view of the Shanghai Museum at Sunrise. The museum is modeled after the ancient bronze basket form. The collection of Chinese ceramics is mind boggling and would require at least two days to do it justice. Jet-lag is great--I was waking up at 5:00am and hitting the streets by 5:30. Many people exercise and do tai-chi on the sidewalks and in the little parks downtown.


I met this gentleman and other kite-flyers early one morning. He had an amazing stunt kite and he taught me how to fly it. The people in China are really nice!

No comments: