Monday, November 5, 2007

A real getaway!

Donna and I met in Beijing for a rendezvous and chance to checkout some of China’s historical attractions. We wanted to meet somewhere warmer and closer to the half way point for both of us but my visa would not allow me to return to China after leaving. Hawaii was sounding like a great option so that we could finally go on our honeymoon. Beijing is not what we had in mind so we are still waiting for our honeymoon. Twenty hours of travel and 6,000 miles for Donna. Twenty-three and a half hours and 1600 kilometers of train travel for me. The travel was long and tiring but the reward was definitely worth it. Seeing the love of my life after seven weeks apart was amazing. Here are some photos from our week together.

Donna in front of the gates to the Forbidden City.


The Temple of Heaven.

The mote of the Forbidden City.

Having fun at the Bell Tower.


Monument to the People’s Heroes at Tiananmen Square.

No comments: